Vegan Chocolate & Peanutbutter Swirl Bar (GF)
Peanut butter and chocolate are what the world needs. That’s all I want to say about these too-good-to-be-true-bars. Now go ahead and scroll to the recipe because we both you that you will want to be making these today!
Prep Time: 15 min
Cooling Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour 15 min
Servings: 12 bars
For this recipe you will need:
for the base:
¾ cup almonds
15 dates, soaked
½ tsp cinnamon
for the chocolate peanut butter swirl:
75g dark chocolate (85%), melted
2 tbsp creamy peanut butter
pinch of sea salt
- Add all ingredients for your base to a food processor and blend until well-combined and sticky – the almonds pieces should be broken down yet still slightly chunky.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and press this sticky nut-and-date mixture evenly into it (ca. 0.5 cm thick); making your hands a little wet helps to keep it from sticking to your fingers!
- Melt the chocolate over a waterbath and pour it over the nut-and-date base. Swirl the peanut butter across the chocolate and swirl through it a few times with either a knife or a toothpick.
- Lastly sprinkle some sea salt over the bars and let everything cool in the fridge or freezer for at least one hour.
- Slice into squares and ENJOY! ♥