Raspberry & Peanut Butter Swirl Cake (V, GF)
I’m sorry, you guys, because I hope that I don’t bore you with my beloved favourite ingredient: peanut butter! I honestly put this into nearly everything, whether savoury or sweet. Do I ever get tired? (Un)Fortunately not. This cake is peanut-butter-loaded, so it can only taste mindblowingly delicious, right? Also, this beautiful swirl cake is topped with the scrumptious raspberry and chia jam that I shared with you not too long ago. I suggest that we should take a closer look at this beauty. Are you ready?
why peanuts are great for you
Peanuts are great energy boosters which is why we should eat them in moderation (though sometimes (often) I cannot help myself and eat a liiiiiittle bit too much PB (really just a little). They contain minerals (phosphorus, magnesium, copper), vitamins (B1, B3, B9, E), anti-oxidants (resveratrol) and nutrients, the full package! As if this wasn’t enough already, peanuts are full of mono-unsaturated fatty acids that contribute to cardiovascular health, so eat them to make your heart happy and hopefully also your peanut-butter-loving-soul. ♥
Prep Time: 10 min
Baking Time: 25-30 min
Total Time: 35-40 min
Servings: 9 squares
For this recipe you will need:
2 tbsp flax seeds
½ cup plant-based milk of choice
2 ripe bananas
½ cup peanut butter + 3 tbsp for swirling
⅓ cup coconut sugar
¾ cup buckwheat flour
1 tsp baking soda
pinch of salt
5 tbsp raspberry chia jam (get the recipe here)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a rectangular baking dish with baking paper.
- In a food processor, blend the flax seeds, , bananas, peanut butter and plant based milk until very smooth.
- Add the coconut sugar, salt, baking powder and buckwheat flour and mix all ingredients well.
- Pour this mixture into your cake tin and drop 5 tablespoons of raspberry chia jam over it as well as 3 tablespoons of peanut butter. With a knife, swirl through these toppings and bake the cake for 25-30 minutes.
- Cut into squares and enjoy while still warm. If you catch yourself spreading even more peanut butter on your piece, I won’t judge ya – I certainly did the same. Enjoy this peanut buttery piece of raspberry heaven, my fellow foodies!