Are you in need of a quick and easy yet delicious and nutritious dish? One that you can add to your cooking repertoire without needing an endless list of ingredients? Well, maybe this ratatouille bowl is meant for you! It is one of my weekly meals and I still didn’t get tired of it thanks to its diversity. The starring veggies are very easily transformable, whether by adding a few different herbs or dips or toppings such as nuts and seeds! Come and have yourself this little (or big) bowl of joy – your taste buds will thank you and your body’s well-being will benefit. ♥
the power that lies in herbs – oregano
Oregano is a mint-related herb that comes from the Mediterranean and while it is often times used for cooking, it also serves other medicinal purposes such as supporting your system in getting rid of infections and working as repellent. Studies suggest that oregano may have antibacterial as well as antiviral functions, thanks to its carvacrol- and thymol-compounds. It is known to be high in antioxidants which help to neutralize free radicals, prevent oxidative damage to your cells and reduce inflammation. While inflammation is a normal physical response to injury or illness, its chronic existence can cause serious health issues such as diabetes, heart disease and autoimmune diseases. Consuming foods such as oregano that are high in antioxidants can help to prevent such adverse outcomes. Not only is it healthy, but oh, so delicious, so add a little oregano to your dishes, including this lush ratatouille bowl!
Prep Time: 10 min
Cooking Time: 30-40 min (Airfryer 15 min)
Total Time: 40-50 min (Airfryer 25 min)
For this recipe you will need:
5 medium-sized cherry tomatoes
1 red onion, sliced
2 cloves of garlic, chopped
2 tablespoons native olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
2 tablespoons oregano
2 handfuls of baby spinach
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon hummus
1 tablespoon sprouted beans (mung beans, soy beans, alfafa sprouts)
- Preheat your oven to 180°C on fan mode and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- You can also make this recipe with an Airfryer, if you happen to have one. If so, simply follow the preparation instructions and place the ingredients in your air-frying tray at 180°C for 15 minutes. Note that you only need 1 tablespoon of olive oil with this method.
- Chop the aubergine and zucchini into chunks (the size should be bite-friendly) and half the cherry tomatoes. Place all of the chopped veggies in a big bowl together with the finely chopped garlic, sliced onion, olive oil, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Give this delicious mediterranean mix a good stir so that the olive oil evenly covers all veggies and transfer onto the baking tray.
- Roast the veggies for about 30-40 minutes, depending on how crunchy you want them to be.
- To serve, place a handful of spinach in your favourite lunch/dinner bowl, stir in ½ a tablespoon of balsamic vinegar and top it up with the roasted veggies as well as a dollop of hummus and a sprinkle of sprouts. Enjoy your meal with satisfaction and peace. ♥