The Easiest Nut & Seed Loaf You’ll Ever Bake (V, GF)
Baking bread doesn’t have to be difficult. This easy loaf is honestly too easy. Baking bread and not having to knead any dough? Yet full of flavour and crunch? YES, that’s right! Simply throw together all the ingredients listed below, let time do its trick and then bake it in the oven. A nourishing, dense loaf of bread filled with nothing but goodness – the easiest loaf you’ll ever bake! Served with vegan butter and honey, hummus, raspberry chia jam, avocado and sprouts, pickled radishes, along with a heart-warming soup or next to a fruity salad – all delicious. This bread is one of my favourites and maybe it will be your favourite, too!
Prep Time: 15 min
Baking Time: 55 min
Total Time: 70 min
Yields: 1 loaf
For this recipe you will need:
1 cup sunflower seeds
½ cup broken flax seeds
1 cup almonds, roughly chopped
1 cup fine oats
1/2 cup whole, rolled oats (buy gluten-free oats if desired)
2 tbsp chia seeds
3 tbsp psyllium seed husks
1 tsp fine grain sea salt
1 tbsp maple syrup
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 tsp dried herbs of choice (I used oregano, but you can also use rosemary or thyme)
2 tsp mustard (I recommend Dijon, but any mustard will work)
1 ½ cups water
- Combine all ingredients in a big bowl and stir to combine.
- Let this mixture rest for a minimum of 1 hour so the chia seeds and psyllium seed husks soak up the liquid and make the bread hold together!
- Scoop the dough into a rectangular loaf pan (I used a silicone one so I didn’t have grease it) and evenly distribute with a spatula or spoon.
- Bake for about 55 minutes at 180°C, or until the bread sounds hollow and has a nice crust with no sticky dough inside.
- Let the loaf cool before removing it from the tin and slicing it.
- Serve with whatever you fancy and if you take the extra time to toast it, it’ll be even better!