Vegan Banana & Hazelnut Brownies
Vegan Chocolate brownies. Need I say anything more than that? Or are these words enough to summon up dreamy images of melted chocolate, slightly sticky dough and ideally roasted hazelnuts on top? This is not a dream. This may very soon be your kitchen’s reality – go and bake, I say, go and bake!
These brownies only need a couple of ingredients that are natural and wholesome: ripe banana and some maple syrup for sweetness, oat & hazelnut flour as well as hazelnut butter – no other sources of fat are needed to get you into brownie heaven!
Prep Time: 10 min
Baking Time: 20-25 min
Total Time: 30-35 min
Servings: 12 brownies
For this recipe you will need:
2 ripe bananas
2 tbsp hazelnut butter (any other nut butter is fine too, though)
5 tbsp maple syrup
1 cup oat flour
3/4 cup hazelnut or almond flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
pinch of salt
1/3 cup dark chocolate, roughly chopped
1/4 cup hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- Preheat your oven to 180°C and line a square or rectangular baking tray with baking paper.
- Add the banana, nut butter and maple syrup to a food processor and blend until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flours, salt, baking soda and cinnamon. Pour in the wet ingredients and stir until a homogenous batter has formed. Evenly distribute it into the baking tray and top with the chocolate chunks and roughly chopped hazelnuts.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, remove from oven and allow to slightly cool before slicing it!
- Making this cake was a piece of cake, don’t you think?