Vegan Spelt Scones with Almonds and Raisins
Prep Time: 20 min
Baking Time: 15-18 min
Total Time: 35-38 min
Servings: 8 scones
For this recipe you’ll need:
1 3/4 cups spelt flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
2 tbsp maple syrup
pinch of salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup oat or almond milk (unsweetened)
4 tbsp vegan butter or coconut oil (solid, not runny)
1/2 cup raisins
4 tbsp almonds, roughly chopped
vegan margarine like Alsan
- Preheat the oven to 200°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a big bowl, combine the flour, spices, baking powder, salt and vanilla. Add in the almond milk (or oat milk), vegan butter or coconut oil and maple syrup and knead the dough until it is homogenous.
- Fold in almonds and raisins until evenly distributed.
- Flour the surface you’re working on (such as a big wooden board or your kitchen counter) and roll the dough with a rolling pin (about 3 cm thick). Shape the dough into a circle with your hands (about 3 cm thick) and cut into 8 pieces just like you would with a cake.
- Place the scones on the baking sheet and bake for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Serve while still warm!